Thursday, April 29, 2010

4/29/2010

Pam passed away this afternoon, following a nearly two year battle with cancer. This past week, Hospice has been with her around the clock and they were professional and committed in caring for Pam. Although Pam was asleep all week from the effects of morphine and other drugs, she looked radiant and comfortable. She was strong to the end in her valiant battle with this insidious disease.

Peace came to Pam at about 6:00 p.m. She was surrounded by her family, two grandchildren and extended family who sang hymns, prayed, and reminisced for nearly six hours. Pam was aware of our presence and heard everything that was said.

We will have a celebration of life on May 8th at 2:00 p.m. at the North Stuart Baptist Church, 1950 NW Federal Highway, Stuart, FL 34994. Pam's sister, our family and our friends at the church are planning a service dominated by Pam's favorite hymns. Music was Pam's passion that shaped her contributions to the ministry of all the churches she ever attended.

We thank you all for your prayers for Pam's peace and comfort during this ordeal. We all have been strengthened by your continuous support.

3 comments:

Mu said...

A beautiful lady will be missed. I am going to try to bring together the TAL people who came together to celebrate Pam's 60th birthday here in N.O. so that we can celebrate our stong and vibrant leader's life. With love, Carol Osborne

Tom Knippel said...

God bless you, Dave. I'll see you at church. Tom K.

Maggie Dokic said...

I extend my deepest condolences to Pam's loved ones. I came across her blog some months ago and returned for updates but never commented. I'm so sorry for that now.

Although I did not know her, I am saddened by her passing. I don't think there exists a person who hasn't been touched by this dreaded disease. My dear cousin and aunt succumbed to it.

May the knowledge that she is in her eternal glory and that you'll see her again bring you peace. I pray God will continue to comfort you in the days ahead as you deal with the reality of her passing.

Blessings.