Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25/10 Pam is now in Hospice critical care and will be receiving around the clock nursing starting tonight. I thought the nursing coverage would be for 12 hours, which is all I requested, but I learned that once a patient is assigned to critical care, 24-hour coverage is offered. Beverly will still be able to tuck Pam in at night and be here to get her up in the morning as she has done for a couple of weeks. It's a blessing that Hospice is here to help the entire family and not just the patient.

Pam has become very weak and I felt additional assistance , particularly at night, is necessary for her comfort and safety. It so happens that Pam and I know the nighttime nurse and Pam thought that was wonderful, even though we had nothing to do with this assignment. I know she will be in good hands.

God is watching over us through the continuous support and prayers of our friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, Ryan and I are remembering you and Pam before the Lord daily. Kara and Ryan Steele

Mu said...

Pam has been one of the most significant people in my life. She made me believe in my possibilities. She is an incredible lady and I have been blessed to have her as a friend - and as a boss. My love is with all of you. Carol Osborne